Thursday, January 04, 2007

Nature, it's nice to see you again

As I walked down the pathway to the KCR station on my first night, I savored being able to smell the earth in the damp air. I could smell the earth! I could hear crickets chirping in the night. I could hear birds singing themselves to sleep. Today, I could smell the trees...I could smell the trees! Even with severe sinus congestion from my cold, I had been deprived of Nature's scent for so long that I could smell it all!

CUHK is located on a mountain and so it co-exists with the mountain's flora and fauna. Climbing the mountain up and down to go from building to building is turning out to be quite an exercise, but I don't feel as though I am walking around a campus, I feel as though I am mountain hiking. Since I adore hiking, the walk never feels like a bother!

No comments: